History of the house
The origins of the development go back to the construction phase after the foundation of the city in 1621, where in 1623/24 the market front was built by the Dutch. Our house on the market / corner Mittelburgwall has experienced some changes in different epochs. It was once a large estate of over 1200 m².
1698 was in this house a distillery and later a brewery, a Salzraffenerie and served as a trading house.
1736, Peter Ovens, a relative of the great painter Jügen Ovens, lived in this house for several years.
In the 19th century, a restaurant, the "Central Hall" was set up here.
1864, on the 30th of October, after the peace of Vienna, the Danish king Christian IX. Farewell to South Schleswig taken and stayed here in the "Central Hall", looked out of the window for a long time and then let himself be driven by the coachman August Meyer to Rendsburg.
At the turn of the 20th century, the whole estate underwent a complete change. A stately two-storey house with a large hall was built.
1923 the "Zentralhalle" became the "Friedrichstädter Hof". Especially at the Friedrichstadt horse markets, traders from all over Germany and farmers from the region met here. Theatrical performances and festivities were held here.
1945, in December, the whole estate burned down. It is thanks to the master builder Konrad Clasen that in 1947 a three-gabled house was built from the rubble, in line with the historic market square.
1958, the Hinrichs family acquired this house. Until 1971, the Hinrichs family had in the lower rooms a café with its own ice cream and small shop.
1972, the cozy family café with hotel business and a wonderful view of the historic market place and the canal on the Mittelburgwall in the first floor was built.
Known under the name "Café Hinrichs" the operation was continued lovingly by the family until the family Hinrichs went into well-deserved retirement.
2013, since April, the house has been run by the Olm family under the name "Pension Marktblick" and now invites you under the name "Marktblick bed & breakfast"